Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Attempts at craftiness ...

So this weekend Peter took me for a little get away for my birthday!! It was amazing, we spent a night in D.C. went to my favorite Italian restaurant, and then the next night met up with friends... I also got tickets to 2 RED SOX GAMES, when they play in Baltimore and these TOMS oooo aaaaaaww. One of the best part was that the pup was not with us! Don't get me wrong ... I love the guy but sometimes it's like having a child... So the Elbie went to DOGTOPIA! It's a kennel ... but instead of shutting them up all day they get to play with other dogs ... when we picked the Elbs up ... he was less than excited to see us haha he loved DOGTOPIA and was pretty ready to trade this people in and stay there. We realized really quickly when we got him home that DOGTOPIA was not only Elbie's favorite but ours as well ... the little guy plopped down and was out like a light for the rest of the day *insert HUGE smile here* So with the wild child down for the count I decided it was finally time to scratch the art itch.



So my brain has been swimming full of ideas but one that stuck was wall art for babies nurseries. So I went to the art store ... grabbed a bunch of materials and headed home ... luckily my hubs is a great artist and could help make my blobs into the animals I was attempting to draw, with minimal laughter, I would insert my attempts here but really ... they are beyond embarrassing so I'll spare myself :)


 

So I cut and pasted and ironed ... and after night one this is what I have! I Peter still has their features to make and I have one more piece to make, so they can hang over a crib or changing table three in a row ... so yeah, there ya have it. Martha Stewart done Rachael Style hehe.


And the only thing I ruined was our iron ... yeah. In the middle of pasting and ironing I slowing turned to Peter ... um hey .. so you didn't need to iron anything for work tomorrow right? He laughed pretty hard as I sheepishly showed him the chard bottom of our once clean iron ... So I have some things to learn :) I'll post the final pictures when these little creatures have features!

2 comments:

  1. haha why are you making stuff for a nursery? you don't have new news do you? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha nope, it's just fun and I'm trying to get really good so I can make you stuff!! SOON I hope :)

    ReplyDelete