Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Recent Life Fails ...

Yep you read that right... this is a post dedicated to the most recent fails in my life ...



We've been married for 6th months (today actually)
 and we are still getting our wedding thank yous out ... embarressing FAIL!


I had bought a tea kettle at TJ Max ... when I went to use it, after already throwing
away the receipt, I realized, after having my kitchen fill with smoke, that it didn't
whistle. I finally bought a new cute one from Kichen Aid ... it is so cute and green and
and matches my pot holders ... AND DOESN'T WHISTLE. Clearly we are cursed
to have non-whistling kettles forever.


One day I was on my way to work ... I took this train and when I got
off and was about 5 steps from my building (warning, here is where the
story turns sad!) My shoes were eaten by a grate in the road!
Seriously though ... have you ever seen the movie wedding planner?
I was like JLO ...


Took Peter to his first antique store ... enough said


Elbie ... broke my favorite lamp. Somedays Elbie decides the floor isn't
good enough for him and he should take advantage on us being gone so
he can crawl on our kitchen table ... well here are the results of that :(


Who knew keeping a 16 pound puppy in a crate would be so difficult.
This crate started out locked, with Elbie inside, then turned so the door was
against the cabinets... he managed to push it way from the cabinets, open the lock
and let himself out... Win for him ... Fail for his people.


One day I got a call from Peter that went something like this ...
P - "um hi .. you don't have hidden keys anywhere right" R- "um no
why?" P - "I'm locked out of the front door to our apartment... I think I may
have dropped them in our hallway ..."  So when I got home I found
the above picture, Peter's Keys in our apartment door...


Let's keep this one short and sweet ... Elbie now rides in a cage in
the backseat.


Yet ... he has a problem, he won't admitt it but we are working on it.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Rachael,

    Thank you for sharing your life with us. Here's to kettles that don't whistle, first time ever antique shopping trips, and the blessed fact that everyone is human and we're not the only ones who drop the ball.

    I'll help you up if you help me up,
    kaydrie

    P.S.-Sorry it didn't work out to meet up this past weekend. You guys are still on our most wanted list (of people to visit, of course).

    ReplyDelete