Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mom and Dad came to visit.

Now that I live near DC my parents have twice the pull to come down, they have been wanting for years to come and do the monuments and tourist stuff but also Peter and I are here. My parents ... were to begin...

        My Mother:


(Here she is dressed up as a bush .. or monster or something so she could blend in and jump out and scare my dad at their cabin in the woods)
Anna has been known to get into Salvation Army Donation boxes, O.K. so it was only once but none of us will ever let her forget it, and honestly she doesn't want us to, she's pretty proud of it. The short version of that story is best summed up with the dialog she and I had after she called and asked me to guess where she was...
"I have no idea mom" "Ok I'll tell you ... IN A SALVATION ARMY DONATION BOX!!!!" "Wait ... what!? Inside?" "Yep, dropped my keys in when I was donating and then when I tried to get them I dropped my phone ... so I went in after them." "How? Can you get out?" "humm .... I'm not sure *grunting and giggling* I'll call you back"
5 minutes later
"I'm out!"
And she had the bruises to prove her little adventure was true ... all up and down the full length of her upper thighs. If you are ever lucky enough to meet my mother ask her how she fit in and out of there, she will gladly walk you through it, just the retelling from her end will have you crying with laughter!
                                                    My Father:                                                                 

And then there is my father, I take after him. Type A personality sometimes a little on the cranky side or life when the personality gets the best of us, and constantly rolling his eyes at my mothers antics. But really when it comes down to it ... he's a man, which means he is bigger than a child, but there is a little boy trapped somewhere in his body, especially if you get him around his brothers ... LOOK OUT.


My Parents:


And so with that knowledge in mind let me tell you how the beginning of their weekend in DC began. Peter and I gave them keys to our apartment so they could come in and eat breakfast before they began their trip to Gettysburg. Well when they arrived they found that Elbie had done what Elbie has become very good at doing ... Pooping in his crate.

He is so lucky he is cute. He is hypoallergenic which is great... but his hair is like a humans, when he poops and lays in it (which we are pretty sure he does just to spite us for leaving him) it is beyond difficult to clean him up. Sorry Mom and Dad ... welcome to DC and the newest member of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment