Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Our kitchen is finished! (ish)

So we decided that since we were painting the rest of our apartment we were not going to paint the kitchen. The walls were dirty but with a little scrubbing they were a nice off white color... plus trying to paint around those cabinets ... no thanks. Something needed to happen in the kitchen and for a while I wasn't sure exactly what, the space was just blah. I had a bunch of decorations, but being in such a small place, there was nowhere to put them. I was a wee bit sad until I discovered how to make my kitchen look a little more alive!


I took all the vases and glass bottles, old books, some photos a small little globe and some other odds and ends and but them on top of my cabinets. I know I know its like only the oldest trick in the book. Part of me was wicked excited because I didn't spend any money, just used things I already owned. The other part of me was just plain in love with how homey it made a pretty bland small and at time frustrating space. So there ya have it! I added some dark pieces as a base and then some bright fun colors with red books, orange and blue glass bottles and a tree decoration I had found wicked on sale at Anthropologie for some texture. Also for the fridge, as we get plenty of save the dates, wedding invitations and birth announcements I found the cutest little magnets at an antique store. I love antique stores, it's kinda a problem.


So there it is in all it's glory, well at least a piece of it. I may take a picture of the full kitchen at some point in the future but lets be honest, we live here now ... and maybe it's just me but the kitchen seems to enjoy being a mess ... so sometimes I just let it be :)

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic work, Rachael! Well done! I would also like to add that Daniel and I are sitting her saying to each other how much we enjoy your blog and what a great job you do with it. It's descriptive, to the point, and oh so much fun :) Keep up the good work, and I will be checking back, OFTEN!

    ReplyDelete